Meta Logos Systems
A sole proprietorship founded in 1997 by Stephen Winters-Hilt
Specializing in Machine Learning, Signal Analysis, Financial Analytics, and Bioinformatics.
- MACHINE LEARNING BASED SIGNAL PROCESSING. Expertise covers entire signal processing pipeline, from raw data (with possible undiscovered signal or without reliable signal acquisition, etc.), to signal feature extraction using a variety of methods, including advanced HMM-based methods (same as used in voice recognition and gene prediction) to highly tuned classification methods that are SVM-based with Deep Learning neural-net based as needed for large feature set data. A book on this was recently published (Summer 2019). An older book (a graduate-level reference text) was published in 2011.
- INFORMATION THEORY BASED DATA ANALYTICS. (Book on related material to publish late 2019.)
- BIOPHYSICS/BIOCHEMISTRY FOR PROTEIN-CHANNEL BIOSENSOR DEVELOPMENT. A book on this was recently published (Summer 2019).
- BIOINFORMATICS: COMPUTATIONAL GENOMICS AND TRANSCRIPTOMICS. Advanced techniques for gene structure identification and identification of transcriptome co-regulation (miRNA haplotype biomarkers, etc.).
Book and Journal Publications:
- Winters-Hilt, S. Data Analytics, Bioinformatics, and Machine Learning. ISBN 978-0-578-22302-5.
- Winters-Hilt, S. Machine-Learning based sequence analysis, bioinformatics & nanopore transduction detection. ISBN: 978-1-257-64525-1.
- Winters-Hilt, S. Informatics and Machine Learning, from Martingales to Metaheuristics. (To be published with Wiley Publishing in 2021.)
- Winters-Hilt, S. The Nanoscope. (2019). ISBN 978-0-578-22307-0.
- Winters-Hilt, S. Emanation and Propagation: Physics from Introductory Maximal Concepts to Emanation Theory to Propagation Theory. (To be published in late 2020.)
- Bioinformatics --- gene structure
identification, genomics, expression analysis
--- channel current based molecular analysis methods
Learning --- scalable multiclass discrimination and clustering, efficient feature
--- nanopore-based detection and single-molecule measurement and
- Stochastic Sequential Analysis
--- stock market analysis, power signal analysis, physics phenomenology
- Computational Physics & Mathematics: Exploring Maximal Information Propagation via chiral trigintaduonion propagation with maximal perturbation of alpha.
- Caltech -- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Physics
- Caltech -- Master of Science in Applied Physics
- Oxford -- Wadham College and Maths Institute, 1st Year D.Phil programme
- University of Wisconsin, PhD in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics
- University of California, PhD in Computer Science and Bioinformatics
A photo from MCBIOS 2008 at the House of Blues in New Orleans: